Monday, October 8, 2012

HEMSWORTH DIDN'T WANT 'THOR'
 TO SOUND LIKE 
'CROCODILE DUNDEE'



Prestige



Prestige Hong Kong visited Chris Hemsworth for an interview on the set of Thor 2 which is currently being filmed in the UK. Chris discussed his upcoming projects, his preparation for films, Twitter and more.


Here are a few highlights:

I read somewhere that to get yourself into the mode of a drunken huntsman for Snow White, you used to spin around before takes. Were there any techniques you used to get in the zone for Thor?


[That quote came about because] I was asked, “Do you have any prep?” and I said, “Not really.” Then I sort of jokingly added, “Sometimes I’d spin around in circles to make myself feel drunk.” But it’s the one scene. I wouldn’t say it’s a ritual by any means. [For Thor], there’s a lot of ongoing reading and rereading of the script. I have a guy that I work with a lot who’s a voice coach, but also far more than that. We pull scripts apart and go into who these people are; his whole attitude of approaching a character is, instead of trying to mimic something or work out technically how you do that, it’s more why does someone speak like that. 



How did you settle on that very proper “English” accent for the Norse god, Thor? 

For whatever reason, it just seems to fit that world. Probably for no other reason than that it’s the way it’s been done in history. We associate Shakespearean speak [with god-like beings] because so many British actors have done it over the years. It resonates with the audience. Also, we had Anthony Hopkins, who is Welsh but has similar tones. I certainly couldn’t play him as Australian because people would think, “That’s Crocodile Dundee! 

You seem to steer clear of all the tech outlets that other celebrities use, such as Instagram and Twitter. Why is that?

I think there’s a danger of being overexposed with that stuff. The mystery of who you are is what keeps people interested in wanting to see you on the screen. Also, it’s easier for them to believe you as that character if they don’t know too much about you. It’s hard not to be overexposed these days with the Internet, and especially when you do a tour for something like The Avengers or Snow White, where you’re contracted to do an incredible amount of press. Besides, I’d rather be hanging out with my family than updating to people I don’t know about what I had for lunch. Also, there are so many fake ones out there, which is pretty frustrating.


Well, it seems like Chris needs to be taught about the uses of Twitter.  If he doesn't want people to know what he ate, then don't tweet it and block the people who get out of line. Heck, if a star of Tom Hanks' caliber can tweet, Thor can too!  *chuckles*

Read more of the interview here









Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...